Sunday, March 22, 2015

Priority #1: My Elohim - Happy New Year!



Shana Tova (Hebrew for Happy New Year)!  

Do you remember the last time you anticipated something so strongly that it affected your sleeping, your eating,your ability to focus?  That's how I feel about coming into the New Year. The world celebrated it's new year in the midst of darkness when all the world is seemingly dead.  The new year of our Father and my brethren in His Kingdom began when the sliver of the moon was sighted over what Yeshua declares in Matthew 5:35, "The City of the Great King."  

My Father's New Year is filled with the promise of refreshing, renewal, and resurrection.  Psalms 81:1-4 ISR98 - "Shout for joy to Elohim our strength; Raise a shout to the Elohim of Yaʽaqob.  Lift up a song and beat the tambourine, The pleasant lyre and with the harp. 
Blow the ram’s horn at the time of the New Moon, At the full moon, on our festival day.  For this is a law for Yisra’ĕl, And a right-ruling of the Elohim of Yaʽaqob." 

I am shouting for joy!  Today is the New Moon and two weeks from now will be Passover, a solemn Feast.   We will celebrate the death, burial, and resurrection of the Lamb of Yehovah who takes away the sins of the world. He who has delivered our souls from bondage and put His name upon us, given us a new manner of life, freedom for our chains, joy for our sorry, community for our isolation, unity in place of assimilation.  
This has been a particularly difficult winter for me.  Don't get me wrong.  I have certainly known much harder winters than this.  I'm thankful that this winter didn't involve any funerals as so many of my winters have.  I think this winter I was just so frustrated with ME.  Have you ever gotten on your OWN nerves?  LOL 

I'm ready to start over.  I want to be better.  I want the opportunity to do get it right where I seemed to have continuously and repetitively gotten it wrong.  I told a friend a few weeks ago, only Yah is good and I fail Him every day.   

A young person that I love at one time seemed as if they were walking on sunshine.   They were setting goals and achieving them one after another, but confusion stepped into their path and they seemed to hit a wall.  Finally, after a couple of years of they seem to have caught their second wind and are running to make up for lost time.  That's why this change of season is so anticipated for me. I need to catch a second wind!  

I am reading Elizabeth George's A Woman's Call to Prayer.  She talks about praying about OUR personal needs.  I spend a lot of time praying for others, but sometimes it feels like going to remodel a neighbor's house while your own looks like an episode of Hoarders.  These are the things I need to commit to prayer for ME.  

Health and energy -- Zig Zigler said, "If you aim at nothing, you'll hit it every time."  I have been afraid to set goals for my health and fitness.  I am way closer to 50 than I am to 40.  I can't afford to take good health for granted.  

Attitude -- I want others to see the fruit of the Spirit in me. Psalms 128:3 ISR98 - "Let your wife be As a fruit-bearing vine within your house, Your sons like olive plants all around your table."  When my husband and my children come to me to pick fruit, will they find love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, trustworthiness, gentleness, self-control?  

Faithfulness -- I'm a good starter.  This year, I want to be a good finisher.  The race is not given to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but to he that endures to the end.  

Finances -- Just like my health, if I don't set any goals, I won't get anywhere.  

Work -- One of my jobs has been the source of my anxiety lately so I He blessed me with a second job (I have 2 part time jobs now).  Not having to totally depend on the first job has lifted MUCH stress.  I want to learn to be faithful to do what I am supposed to do.  Like Yah told Cain, “If you do well, is there not acceptance? And if you do not do well, sin is crouching at the door. And its desire is for you, but you should master it.”  Ultimately, I don't work for any man.  I work for my Father, so I need to be sure and give HIM my best.   

Wisdom -- Donalacasa's theme verse is, Proverbs 24:3-6 ISR98 - "By wisdom a house is built, And by understanding it is established; And by knowledge the rooms are filled With all precious and pleasant riches. Mighty is the wise in strength, And a man of knowledge strengthens power; For by wise guidance you wage your own battle, And delivery is by a great counselor."  I have accused others of demonstrating more of what they are against, than of what they are for.  My son, in his study of wisdom, shared a couple of weeks ago about how knowledge is just facts.  As a classical homeschooler, this is the grammar stage.  Understanding is like the dialectic stage.  You ask questions, based on your knowledge to gain understanding. Wisdom is like the rhetoric stage. It is the demonstration of your understanding through speech or writing.  I have to start, however, with knowledge. I want to spend more time studying things I don't know.   

Relationships -- I would like to see some healing in relationships with extended family.  I have seen it in other family relationships, but I would like to see more.   

Abba, may I fulfill all your expectations of me in this season!   



Find me on Facebook.            

No comments: