Saturday, October 10, 2009

Priority #6 - My Ministry - Trying to Get Back to Me



For the most part, my life has become back to normal since our horrendous summer. School is going very well. My children are learning and moving faster through their curricula than they have for the past 2 years. All of my children are enjoying their extracurricular activities. The only thing that has been troublesome for me to get back to was being a Girl Scout leader. At one point, I thought of giving it up and disolving my troop, but I mentioned it to Friend Hubby and the first thing he asked me was, "Why?" I really couldn't give him a good answer.

I still continued to drag my feet. I didn't have my first troop meeting until after Labor Day. We elected troop officers this year. I'm pretty pleased with how well it's going so far. We had our second meeting the other day and I feel as if I've gotten my wind back in my sales! Fall product sales were from October 1st through October 10th. We forgot to give the order form to Friend Hubby to take to work. We set out this morning with the goal of getting $100 worth of orders. Somewhere out there, we changed it to $120 so she could earn a plush puppy, but a little after that, we set the goal at $200 so she could get a $10 gift card to spend at the Girl Scout store. It took us from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m., but we met it! I loved how we changed our strategy at the end to tell the customers how far we were from her goal. They responded very well to helping her get there! We went from $41, to $31, to $15, to $8 in a matter of minutes. It was great! I've got to remember that strategy come Cookie Season. LOL!


There are some situations in Scripture that have been on my mind lately:

In Mark 6, we see that Jesus could not exercise His gifts of healing among His own people because of their unbelief. Jesus says that He has come to turn daughter against her mother. HE will do it! That's not a comfortable theology is it? In Matthew 10:36 says, "a man's enemies will be the members of his own household." How painful is that?

There are numerous Scriptures that speak of slander as well. That is one of many reasons that I have tried to keep my mouth shut on the whole issue. Of course MY name has been dragged through the mud, but the Lord told me to just let go and not try to save my reputation myself. If people want to believe the worst about someone else, let them. This is painful, but once you choose to let go, it is freeing. I have put my name in His hands.

So, in this season, I am learning to keep my mouth shut and just trust the outcome to the Lord. I don't think ahead any further than today. His grace is sufficient for today, and in spite of all I have endured, He is still blessing my family tremendously!

Blessings!

No comments: