Thursday, May 26, 2011

Priority #5 - Me - God Save the Queen


I have been through a transition year and I haven't been able to catalog it. I miss blogging on Yahoo! 360. I had it down to a science and it was part of my life's routine. I was faithful, and popular. Since Yahoo! shut it down, I have been wandering in a sort of blogger's wilderness. I switched to Multiply but didn't like the format. I switched to homeschool blogger, but that homeschooling mom doesn't encompass the sum total of who I am. So, I'm back to blogging here (hopefully consistently).

I ran across a work-from-home productivity blog that mentioned getting out old habits and routines that worked for you in the past. That works for me! When I blogged on 360, I limited myself to 15 minutes of whatever came off the top of my head in that period of time.

Monarchy has become a popular thing around my house lately, with the wedding of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge. We also watched "The Young Victoria" on Netflix too. We are reminded that the scripture calls us a nation of kings and priests ["And You have made them a kingdom (royal race) and priests to our God, and they shall reign [as kings] over the earth!" Revelations 5:10 AMP], but given that we live in a democracy, we are not, as a body of believers, as a nation, even as families, not quite sure what that looks like. We try to have a say in everything. We, like the Romans of Julius Caesar's day reject anything that looks like a king. They rejected the thought of King Caesar and ended up with Emperor Nero. Rejecting godly authority is never a good thing.

But those who recognize authority in others learn to recognize it in themselves. I am the queen in this palace. My position is secure and I must learn further what it means to walk that out. While the king runs the country, the queen runs the royal household(s) and if she does her job correctly, it should run seemlessly. Like Will Smith's character in "Men in Black" says, "The difference between you and me is that I make this look good."

Proverbs 31:27 AMP, "She looks well to how things go in her household, and the bread of idleness (gossip, discontent, and self-pity) she will not eat."

I Timothy 5:14 AMP, "So I would have younger [widows] marry, bear children, guide the household, [and] not give opponents of the faith occasion for slander or reproach."

Titus 2:5 AMP, "To be self-controlled, chaste, homemakers, good-natured (kindhearted), adapting and subordinating themselves to their husbands, that the word of God may not be exposed to reproach (blasphemed or discredited)."


No comments: