Sunday, June 5, 2011

Priority #1 - My God - Arise and Shine


Bless Adonai for a wonderful, refreshing weekend!

I received instructions from My Father this weekend. I need to stretch myself and begin my day earlier (working REALLY hard on not complaining here). LOL!

I've come quite a ways in a year concerning the time of my arousal. When I used to work until 1 a.m., it was quite natural for me not to get out of bed until at least 9, but as I stated in an earlier blog, He has really been working on my times.

He, Himself, created time. Genesis 1:5 AMP says, "And God called the light Day, and the darkness He called Night. And there was evening and there was morning, one day."

Genesis 1:14 AMP says, "And God said, Let there be lights in the expanse of the heavens to separate the day from the night, and let them be signs and tokens [of God's provident care], and [to mark] seasons, days, and years."

One of the first things He gave to the Children of Israel upon their departure from Egypt was their OWN calendar so they would not mark the passage of time by pagan festivals. Leviticus 23 outlines HIS calendar.

Last week I studied what is meant in the Scriptures by "watches" and "hours." My own practical application of that was to divide my waking hours into three hour periods. I get a whole lot more accomplished when I break my day up from 9 to noon, noon to 3, 3 to 6, 6 to 9, and 9 to midnight. Backing up my day to where it begins at 6 a.m. is my ultimate goal, but it is now 12:15 a.m. so it is not practical to believe that this will happen on THIS day. Instead, I think I will set my alarm to wake me up at 7:15 (15 minutes earlier than I have been getting up). Next week, maybe I'll back it up to 7:00, etc. until it is natural for me to wake up at 6 a.m.

What I hope to accomplish is that I will discipline myself to get all my work done, (homeschooling, housework, cooking, etc.) done before 6 o'clock in the evening. I have learned this year, from one of my medical transcription jobs, that if I set a definite beginning and a definite end, I am much more productive and not dragging things out.

I would also like to actually see Friend Hubby off to work (THAT hasn't happened in YEARS!). Given that I read through the entire book of Psalms and Proverbs on a monthly basis (in addition to the weekly Torah, Haftarah (prophets), and Brit Hadashah (New Testament) scriptures, getting up this early will give me time to do that, especially on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday when I have to be at work at 8:30 a.m.

Pray for me, as I try to walk in obedience in this matter.

"She rises while it is yet night and gets [spiritual] food for her household and assigns her maids their tasks." Proverbs 31:15 AMP

Blessings!

No comments: