Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Priority # 4 - My Home - Ummmm.


I am late writing this blog. I have been doing really well blogging first thing in the morning, but I procrastinated today because sadly, I really don't have a lot to say about my home. My home is rather large, but in the decade I have lived here, I really don't feel as if I have really given it the attention I would like. I have always admired FlyLady's methods, but never stuck to them. Perhaps I need to join a FlyLady support groups or get a FlyLady accountability partner. Working from home 40 hours a week, homeschooling, and helping my husband who pastors a small home-fellowship community is challenging time-wise. I hate to say I don't "have" time, because the truth is I don't "make" time.

I was at a friend's house recently. She has 3 very busy children and she works, more than part time, less than full time outside the home. Her home is immaculate (even the children's rooms). Each room has it's own theme with accessories to match. *sigh*

It is said that if we aim for nothing, we'll hit it every time. One of the things I have tried to teach my children is the principle of "little by little." I remember how proud at least two of them were the first time they put something expensive on layaway and paid for it faithfully, little by little until they paid it off. They were so proud of their accomplishment! If I can pick up blogging again and try to stay within the time parameters of 15 minutes a day, surely, I can pick a room and work on it for 15 minutes a day and accomplish SOMETHING!

"Little by little I will drive them out from before you, until you have increased and are numerous enough to take possession of the land." Exodus 23:30 AMP

Blessings!

No comments: